A celebration of all things Jewellery Quarter; the event brings together local businesses, residents and communities for a three-day extravaganza that showcases the very best of the Quarter.
From Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd July 2018, visitors can enjoy events and activities across the area and within three festival hubs; The Golden Square, St Paul’s Square and for the very first time, the JQ Makers Hub.
The 24-page Festival Programme is filled with live music, entertainment, workshops, tours, street food and much more. The event is family-friendly and is completely free to attend!
- JQ Makers Hub (located at the AE Harris site) – A pop-up shop and contemporary showcase of the diverse maker community in the JQ; from paper, leather, virtual reality, furniture, and of course jewellery.
- Workshops and Demonstrations – A series of talks, demos and family drop-in workshops including jewellery-making and stitching.
- JQ Music Trail – Young musicians will perform across several locations in the JQ, showcasing their talents to the public.
- JQ Brewery Quarter – Enjoy real ale brewed in the Jewellery Quarter and get your hands on a free limited-edition T-shirt!
- CircusMASH take over St Paul’s Square – To celebrate 250 years of modern circus in the UK, CircusMASH are creating a unique community show like no other! With an array of performances, workshops and plenty of surprises.
- Museum of the Jewellery Quarter – Free event and free admission to museum across the weekend (including Sunday for the very first time).
Luke Crane, JQDT Executive Director said: “There are some changes to this year’s event which we are really excited about. In addition to the two Squares, I am delighted that we will have a third festival hub at Stans Cafe (AE Harris, Northwood Street). Delivered by Quartermasters, the JQ Makers Hub is a pop-up shop and contemporary showcase of our diverse maker community here.
For the very first time, we’ve collaborated with the local JQ music schools on the JQ Music Trail where visitors and businesses can enjoy music on every corner of the Quarter.
Whilst the award-winning JQ breweries are running ‘Brewery Quarter’ – enjoy the ale and win a free limited-edition T-shirt!”
“The celebration of the Quarter’s businesses is continuing throughout the summer with the JQ Festival Voucher Booklet. It is full of offers, discounts and promotions and can be used throughout July and August.”
- School of Jewellery: ‘Presenting the Jewellery Quarter. Past and Future’.
- Friends of Key Hill Cemetery & Key Hill Cemetery will set up a stall selling books and other goods and will be available to help with information about graves, etc. Plus, mini guided tours of Warstone Lane Cemetery 12 noon & Key Hill Cemetery 2pm
- BAJ Academy of Jewellery – Jewellery skills demo.
- The Hive Heritage Hub – Grand Opening 21- 22 July 10:00 – 16:00.
- The Hive Heritage Hub, The New Standard Works, 43-47 Vittoria Street, – Within the new hub, view displays telling the history of the Grade II listed New Standard Works, alongside past and present trades of the JQ. Take a tour of the building, create peg dolls and paper planes inspired by the art installations, as well as jewellery making workshops for the community design and craft project, inspired by over 130 years of manufacturing in the building. You can also make the most of the special rooftop micro farm by booking onto a free organic-biodynamic gardening workshop with gardener Matt!
- The JQ Set, Studio 6, 85 Spencer Street, The JQ Set will be opening up its brand-new jewellery studio and school for you to look around, with workshops and demonstrations on Sat & Sun. Learn a little about making jewellery and go home with your own finished piece!
- Gallery Tour 21 July 12:00 and 14:30 – Gallery Tours of local venues and find out more about their unique collections including; St Paul’s Gallery, RBSA, Artisan Alchemy and Ana Rocha Bar & Gallery.
- Life & Times of Kathleen Dayus – 22 July -17:30 Pig & Tail Pub, Albion Street.