Last updated: February 06, 2019 at 18:58 pm
* The ‘GOLDEN TRIANGLE’ and the ‘INDUSTRIAL MIDDLE’ are the areas protected against inappropriate residential use. A large number of Planning Applications are not in accordance with the Planning Legislation which is there to ‘protect’ the Jewellery Quarter and the trade.
Please help the Jewellery Quarter to keep its character by making your ‘official’ protest against such Applications.
- 2019/00721/PA St George’s Court 1 Albion Street Ladywood Birmingham B1 3AA Telecomms License Advisory application for installation of 6 no. antennas, 3 no. RRUs and 1 no. GPS module and removal of 3 no. antennas and 6 no. RRUs with associated equipment cabinet and ancillary development. 24-01-2019
- 2019/00022/PA The Argent Centre 60 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HS. Listed Building Consent for restoration of facade including repairs and reinstatement of pyramid roofs to corner turrets, re-roof, remove redundant tank and installation of external lighting. 03-01-2019
- 2019/00006/PA The Argent Centre 60 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HS. Reinstatement of pyramid roofs to corner turrets and installation of external lighting. 03-01-2019
- 2019/00028/PA George Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham City Centre B3 1QQ. Non Material Amendment to approval 2017/01760/PA for the re-arrangement of cladding materials, curtain walling bays & terracotta piers replaced with continuous curtain walling along George Street & wrapping around the corner of The Whitmore Arm. 04-01-201
- 2018/10480/PA Reliance Works 41-42 Caroline Street Birmingham B3 1UE. Listed building consent for demolition of two storey rear workshop block and steel shed, three storey extension, internal and external alterations in association with change of use to 9 apartments. 24-12-2018
- 2018/10380/PA Reliance Works 41-42 Caroline Street Birmingham B3 1UE. Change of use to 9 apartments with associated works including demolition of two storey workshop block and steel shed to rear, erection of three storey extension with roof lights and solar panels to roof, associated alterations and installation of external staircase. 24-12-2018
- 2018/10372/PA Newhall Square Land At Newhall Street And Charlotte Street Birmingham B3 1RY. Display of various externally illuminated and non-illuminated signs. 24-12-2018
- 2018/10365/PA Hall Street / Branston Street Land at corner of Birmingham B18. Change of use from car park to street food site (Use Class A3/A5) with associated 2 no. street food vans, coffee area, decking to part of the site with seating and pergola. 24-12-2018
- 2018/10364/PA Argent College 43-47 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3ND. Listed building consent for internal and external alterations. 24-12-2018
- 2018/10307/PA. 47 Irving House Frederick Street Jewellery Quarter Birmimgham B1 3HN. Listed Building Consent for external alterations. 19-12-2018
- 2018/10199/PA 16 Warstone Parade East Hockley Birmingham B18 6NR. Installation of new mezzanine floor to create a self-contained apartment. 18-12-2018
- 2018/10081/PA 115b Branston Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6BA. Application for a lawful development certificate for an existing use as a single dwelling in excess of 4 years. 13-12-2018
- 2018/10040/PA 8-14 Hylton Street Birmingham B18 6HN. Listed Building consent for installation of new stove and flue to vent through existing roof. 12-12-2018
- 2018/09729/PA Victory House 26-28 Ludgate Hill Birmingham B3 1DX. Installation of roof mounted VRF unit and branch selector units. 30-11-2018
- 2018/09634/PA 115b Branston Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6BA. Listed Building Consent for internal alterations. 28-11-2018
- 2018/08995/PA Site of Muhammed Ali Centre Icknield Street Hockley Birmingham B18 5AU. Demolition of existing building and the erection of Community Vocational College with associated residential accommodation, enterprise employment hub and workshop units. 06-11-2018
2018/08808/PA 72-74 Camden Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3DP. Addition of a third storey, refurbishment and conversion of existing building to flexible A1 and B1 commercial use and 8 no. apartments on first, second and third floors. 30-10-2018
- 2018/07295/PA 48 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HN. Listed Building Consent for retrospective application for change of use to restaurant and bar (Use Classes A3 and A4) with ancillary gallery (Use Class D1), single storey side extension to create storage/refuse enclosure and installation of new extraction system. 05-09-2018
2018/07256/PA 48 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HN. Retrospective application for change of use to restaurant and bar (Use Classes A3 and A4) with ancillary gallery (Use Class D1) with hours of opening to 0000 hours Monday to Friday, Sundays and Bank Holidays and 0200 hours Saturdays, single storey side extension to create storage/refuse enclosure and installation of new extraction system. 05-09-2018
- 2018/07149/PA 20 Tenby Street North Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3EN. Listed Building Consent for internal alterations and demolition of modern additions, erection of new roof and four storey infill extension to create office space (Use Class B1), 6 x 2 bed apartments and 3 x 3 bed town houses (Use Class C3) and associated car parking and deck terrace. 30-08-2018
- 2018/07119/PA 20 Tenby Street North Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3EN. Demolition of modern extensions, change of use and roof alterations to Listed Building to create ground floor offices (Use Class B1) and 6 x 2 bed apartments (Use Class C3). Erection of a four storey infill addition to create ground floor offices with 3 x 3 bed town houses above with associated car parking and deck terrace space to the rear. 30-08-2018
- 2018/05801/PA Heaton House & land adjoining Camden Street & Powell Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BZ. Demolition of existing buildings (apart from Heaton House), erection of a part 3, 4 & 5 storey building and refurbishment of Heaton House to provide 73 units, comprising 1 x 4 bed, 11 x 3 bed, 36 x 2 bed and 25 x 1 bed houses and apartments with associated parking and landscaping. 16-07-2018
2018/04885/PA Land at 109 Northwood Street & 199 Newhall Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham. Listed Building Consent for demolition of structures attached to listed buildings and conversion of 109 Northwood Street (Harpers Hill Works) from B2 to A1-A4 or B1 uses and conversion of 199 Newhall Street from B2 to B1 use with associated works. 13-06-2018
- 2018/04882/PA Land fronting Northwood Street, James Street, Graham Street, Brook Street, Newhall Street and Regent Place (premises currently occupied by AE Harris & Baker & Finnemore) Jewellery Quarter Birmingham. Partial demolition of buildings, change of use of retained buildings at 109, 123 & 128 Northwood Street from B2 to A1-A4, B1/C3, change of use of retained building at 199 Newhall Street from B2 to B1, conversion and erection of new buildings to provide 320 one, two and three bed apartments and 8,422sqm of non-residential floorspace for A1-A5, B1 & D2 uses with associated parking and landscaping. 13-06-2018
- 2018/09880/PA 122-123 Livery Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1RS. Creation of rooftop play area and safety enclosure with appearance of mansard roof on Livery Street elevation. Final Decision – Refuse
- 2018/09713/PA 16-17 Caroline Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3 1TR. Extension and change of use of first floor and erection of additional floor to create 4 no. live/work units (Sui Generis). Final Decision – Refuse
- 2018/09650/PA 30 St Pauls Square Birmingham B3 1QZ. Replacement of entrance gates with glass doors, replacement of block paving with geometric floor tiles, installation of security grill and external geometric murals to side return walls. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/09217/PA Former Kettleworks Land Bound By Icknield Street/Pope Street/Camden Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3AG Non-Material Amendment to approval 2017/00204/PA to improve the appearance of the exposed foundations. Final Decision – Approve
- 2018/09101/PA 13-21 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3ND. Replacement curtain walling and aluminium windows Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/08051/PA Land adjacent 49 Heaton Street Hockley Birmingham B18 5BB. Erection of a two storey modular house and associated works. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
Summary Guide to Use Classes
A1 – Shops.
A2 – Financial and professional services.
A3 – Restaurants and cafes.
A4 – Drinking establishments.
A5 – Hot food takeaways.
B1 (a) – Office (other than A2)
(b) – Research & development.
(c) – Light industrial
B2 – General industrial.
B3 – Storage or distribution.
C1 – Hotels and halls of residence
C2 – Residential Institutions
D1 – Non-residential Institutions.
D2 – Assembly and leisure.
You must register any objections to the above applications online at www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningonline, or writing direct to Planning and Regeneration, Birmingham City Council, 4th Floor, 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham B4 7DJ, quoting the Planning Application number. Remember, there is a restriction against inappropriate housing within the Golden Triangle and the Industrial Middle – but your objections still need to be recorded!