Last updated: May 10, 2019 at 11:47 am
* The ‘GOLDEN TRIANGLE’ and the ‘INDUSTRIAL MIDDLE’ are the areas protected against inappropriate residential use. A large number of Planning Applications are not in accordance with the Planning Legislation which is there to ‘protect’ the Jewellery Quarter and the trade.
Please help the Jewellery Quarter to keep its character by making your ‘official’ protest against such Applications.
- 2019/04488/PA Albion House, Apartment 1 75 Pope Street Birmingham B1 3AS. Display of three non illuminated fascia signs. 29-05-2019
- 2019/03843/PA Former Kettleworks Land bound by Icknield Street/Pope Street/Camden Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3AG. Minor non Material Amendment to approval 2017/00204/PA to allow the approved ground floor commercial units to be used for B1(a) office use as well as A1 retail use. 07-05-2019
- 2019/03728/PA 50-60 Northwood Street Birmingham B3 1TT. Application for a Certificate of Lawfulness for confirmation that planning permission 2006/02301/PA has been lawfully implemented and can be lawfully completed. 02-05-2019
- 2019/03681/PA 55-57 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3NU. Conversion of existing Use Class B1(c) (light industrial) to basement and ground floor to workspace/ office and 1no. apartment on first and second floor with associated external alterations including part demolition of rear outbuilding, erection of two storey rear extension, new entrance, blocking of some existing windows and replacement external staircase. 01-05-2019
- 2019/03359/PA Birmingham City University 10 St Pauls Square Birmingham B3 1QU. Display of 2 no. non-illuminated double sided wall mounted banners. 17-04-2019
- 2019/03342/PA 72-74 Camden Street Ladywood Birmingham B1 3DR. Variation of Condition number 1 attached to planning approval 2018/08808/PA to allow for installation of 2 no. windows at the corner elevation. 17-04-2019
- 2019/01838/PA 36 Vyse Street Ladywood Birmingham B18 6JY. Erection of single storey rear extension, instalaltion of dormer window to rear and roof lights to front. 05-03-2019
- 2019/01004/PA 34-44 Northwood Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3 1TU. Listed Building Consent for demolition of structures attached to listed building and renovation and conversion of listed building and associated workshop to residential use. 05-02-2019
- 2019/00964/PA 34-44 Northwood Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3 1TU. Part demolition of existing buildings and erection of new four storey buildings, conversion and refurbishment of retained buildings to provide 49 one and two bed apartments and associated cycle parking and landscaped courtyards. 05-02-2019
- 2018/10340/PA Former Sapcote’s Yard Camden Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3DD. Listed Building Consent for demolition of 83-87 Camden Street attached to listed building at 89 Camden Street and erection of replacement building in association with planning application 2018/06214/PA. 21-12-2019
- 2018/10330/PA 30 Kenyon Street and Land Between 24 and 26 Hall Street Birmingham B18 6AR. Change of use from storage and distribution (Use Class B8) to retail (Use Class A1) at 30 Kenyon Street and erection of 3 storey building with roof terrace to form bar and restaurant (Use Class A4/A3) at land between 24 and 26 Hall Street. 21-12-2018
- 2018/10122/PA Derwent House 1 Mary Ann Street Birmingham B3 1RL. Listed Building Consent for conversion of existing industrial building to 40 one and two bed apartments with associated works including demolition of modern extension, removal and replacement of existing pitched roof and windows, insertion of three mezzanine floors within building and various restoration work. 14-12-2018
- 2018/10092/PA Derwent House 1 Mary Ann Street Birmingham B3 1RL. Conversion of existing industrial building to 40 one and two bed apartments with associated works including demolition of modern extension, removal and replacement of existing pitched roof and windows, insertion of three mezzanine floors within building and various restoration work. 14-12-2018
- 2018/10480/PA Reliance Works 41-42 Caroline Street Birmingham B3 1UE. Listed building consent for demolition of two storey rear workshop block and steel shed, three storey extension, internal and external alterations in association with change of use to 9 apartments. 24-12-2018
- 2018/10380/PA Reliance Works 41-42 Caroline Street Birmingham B3 1UE. Change of use to 9 apartments with associated works including demolition of two storey workshop block and steel shed to rear, erection of three storey extension with roof lights and solar panels to roof, associated alterations and installation of external staircase. 24-12-2018
- 2018/08995/PA Site of Muhammed Ali Centre Icknield Street Hockley Birmingham B18 5AU. Demolition of existing building and the erection of Community Vocational College with associated residential accommodation, enterprise employment hub and workshop units. 06-11-2018
- 2018/05801/PA Heaton House & land adjoining Camden Street & Powell Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BZ. Demolition of existing buildings (apart from Heaton House), erection of a part 3, 4 & 5 storey building and refurbishment of Heaton House to provide 73 units, comprising 1 x 4 bed, 11 x 3 bed, 36 x 2 bed and 25 x 1 bed houses and apartments with associated parking and landscaping. 16-07-2018
- 2018/04885/PA Land at 109 Northwood Street & 199 Newhall Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham. Listed Building Consent for demolition of structures attached to listed buildings and conversion of 109 Northwood Street (Harpers Hill Works) from B2 to A1-A4 or B1 uses and conversion of 199 Newhall Street from B2 to B1 use with associated works. 13-06-2018
- 2018/04882/PA Land fronting Northwood Street, James Street, Graham Street, Brook Street, Newhall Street and Regent Place (premises currently occupied by AE Harris & Baker & Finnemore) Jewellery Quarter Birmingham. Partial demolition of buildings, change of use of retained buildings at 109, 123 & 128 Northwood Street from B2 to A1-A4, B1/C3, change of use of retained building at 199 Newhall Street from B2 to B1, conversion and erection of new buildings to provide 320 one, two and three bed apartments and 8,422sqm of non-residential floorspace for A1-A5, B1 & D2 uses with associated parking and landscaping. 13-06-2018
- 2019/03089/PA 25-26 Frederick Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3HH Listed Building Consent for display of various signage. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2019/03016/PA 10a Vyse Street Ladywood Birmingham B18 6LT. Display of 1 no. externally illuminated fascia, 1 no. non illuminated projecting sign and 1 no. non illuminated wall mounted sign. Final Decision – Approve Temporary
- 2019/02982/PA 10a Vyse Street Ladywood Birmingham B18 6LT. Change of use from ground floor office (Use Class B1) to professional services (Use Class A2). Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2019/02633/PA 22-24 Vittoria Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3PE. Alterations including reinstatement of chimney, replacement of existing left large window and front door with new sash window and timber panel door and frame. Installation of metal grille above reinstated basement light well and replace rainwater downpipes Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2019/02262/PA Existing railway arch on land bound by Lionel Street to the west, Old Snow Hill, St Chads Queensway and Livery Street, City Centre. Alterations and change of use of existing railway arch to create third pedestrian entrance to Snow Hill railway station and associated public realm works. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/10474/PA 43-47 Vittoria Street & No. 9 Regent Place Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3ND. Listed Building Consent for installation of external lighting. Final Decision – Refuse
- 2018/10473/PA 43-47 Vittoria Street & No. 9 Regent Place Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3ND. Installation of external lighting. Final Decision – Refuse
- 2018/10253/PA 25-26 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HH. Display of 1 no externally illuminated lettering sign, 1 no non illuminated fascia sign, 1 no. externally illuminated metal post sign. Final Decision – Approve Temporary
Summary Guide to Use Classes
A1 – Shops.
A2 – Financial and professional services.
A3 – Restaurants and cafes.
A4 – Drinking establishments.
A5 – Hot food takeaways.
B1 (a) – Office (other than A2)
(b) – Research & development.
(c) – Light industrial
B2 – General industrial.
B3 – Storage or distribution.
C1 – Hotels and halls of residence
C2 – Residential Institutions
D1 – Non-residential Institutions.
D2 – Assembly and leisure.
You must register any objections to the above applications online at www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningonline, or writing direct to Planning and Regeneration, Birmingham City Council, 4th Floor, 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham B4 7DJ, quoting the Planning Application number. Remember, there is a restriction against inappropriate housing within the Golden Triangle and the Industrial Middle – but your objections still need to be recorded!