Last updated: May 12, 2018 at 14:25 pm
* The ‘GOLDEN TRIANGLE’ and the ‘INDUSTRIAL MIDDLE’ are the areas protected against inappropriate residential use. A large number of Planning Applications are not in accordance with the Planning Legislation which is there to ‘protect’ the Jewellery Quarter and the trade.
Please help the Jewellery Quarter to keep its character by making your ‘official’ protest against such Applications.
- 2018/04503/PA 3-5 Legge Lane Hockley Birmingham B1 3LD. Application to determine the details of condition 10 (Sustainable Drainage Assessment and Sustainable Drainage Operation and Maintenance Plan) attached to planning approval Ref: 2017/06810/PA. 04-06-2018
- 2018/04379/PA 91 Albion Street Birmingham B1 3AA. Prior Approval for change from workspace (Use Class B1 to 2 no.residential units (Use Class C3). 25-05-2018
- 2018/04279/PA Car park to rear of former Assay Office Charlotte Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3. Application to determine the details for Condition Nos 1 (sample materials), 2 (contamination remediation scheme), 10 (Sustainable Drainage Assessment and Sustainable Drainage Operation and Maintenance Plan) and 13 (CCTV) attached to approval 2015/04486/PA. 25-05-2018
- 2018/04193/PA Plot 8B, The Mint Icknield Street Birmingham B18 6RU. Listed Building Consent for erection of a two storey building to provide three apartments with associated parking and cycle/bin storage. 23-05-201
- 2018/04053/PA 95 Spencer Street Suite 219 Jewellery Business Centre Birmingham B18 6DA. Change of use of suite 219 from offices (Use Class B1) to restaurant and cafe (Use Class A3). 18-05-2018
- 2018/03991/PA Jet Service Station Icknield Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6PP. Display of 1no. internally illuminated free standing advertisement hoarding. 17-05-2018
- 2018/03806/PA 84 Caroline Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3 1UP. Display of 1 externally illuminated fascia sign and 1 internally illuminated fascia sign. 11-05-2018
- 2018/03675/PA 151 Warstone Lane Birmingham B18 6NZ. Alterations to front elevation and installation of footway crossing. 08-05-2018
- 2018/03466/PA Land at Summer Hill Road Birmingham B1 3RB. Display of no. 2 internally illuminated digital LED advertisement panels. 01-05-2018
- 2018/03341/PA Whitmore Warehouse 1 Newhall Square Birmingham B3 1RU. Proposed replacement of existing ground floor with Limecrete Breathable Concrete Slab to include relocation and re-laying of remaining blue bricks to entrance area. 26-04-2018
- 2018/03393/PA 18-20 Albion Court Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HE. Prior Approval for change from office (Use Class B1[a]) to 23 no.residential apartments (Use Class C3). 25-04-2018
- 2018/03362/PA Sovereign Hall 14-15 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HE. Listed Building Consent for extension at second floor; installation of roof lights; replacement windows and surrounds to front elevation; repairs to roof and internal alterations. 25-04-2018
- 2018/03310/PA Sovereign Hall 14-15 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HE. Extension at second floor; installation of roof lights; replacement windows and surrounds to front elevation. 25-04-2018
2018/03276/PA Building to the rear of 48-52 Vittoria Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3PE. Listed Building Consent for conversion and extension of redundant listed building to provide two storey dwelling with associated minor demolition works, external alterations and repairs. 24-04-2018
2018/03242/PA Building to the rear of 48-52 Vittoria Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3PE. Conversion and extension of existing redundant listed building to provide two storey dwelling with associated works including selective demolition and provision of first floor terrace. 24-04-2018
- 2018/02630/PA 3-4 James Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3 1SD. Erection of two storey roof top extension and associated works. 04-04-2018
- 2018/02551/PA 5 Northampton Street Unit 5 Birmingham B18 6DU. Change of use of vacant unit (Use class B1) to personal training studio (Use class D2). 3-04-2018
2018/02292/PA 165-166 Warstone Lane Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B18 6NG. Refurbishment of existing two storey building, change of use of ground floor to restaurant & cafes (Use Class A3), creation of four A1 retail units and associated parking. 22-03-2018
- 2018/02271/PA 48 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HN. Listed Building Consent for change of use of ground floor to bar and restaurant (Use Classes A3 & A4) with ancillary gallery use (Use Class D1), rear extension to create storage/refuse enclosure and alterations to existing extraction system. 21-03-2018
- 2018/02242/PA 48 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HN. Change of use to restaurant and bar (Use Classes A3 & A4) with ancillary gallery use (Use Class D1) with hours of opening to 12.00 hours Monday to Friday, Sundays and Bank Holidays and 02.00 hours Saturdays, rear extension to create storage/refuse enclosure and alterations to existing extraction system. 21-03-2018
- 2018/00570/PA 111-114 Warstone Lane Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B18 6NZ. Demolition of existing building and erection of a 4-storey replacement building providing ground floor commercial unit for A1 use with 12 two-bed apartments above and new vehicle access. 24-01-2018
- 2017/10934/PA 33 Pitsford Street (Mr Tyre site) Ladywood Birmingham B18 6LJ.Demolition of existing buildings and erection of a residential led mixed use redevelopment providing 406 apartments, commercial (B1a), workshop (B1b & c), Retail (A1, A2, A3, A4 & A5), 140 car parking spaces, a new entrance to the Jewellery Quarter train station and associated works including landscaping and new entrance to Pitsford Street. 27-12-2017
- 2018/00391/PA 100 Icknield Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B18 6RU. Demolition of existing building and erection of a 4-storey replacement building providing ground floor Use Class A1 commercial space and 12 apartments above with associated access. 17-01-2018
- 2017/10759/PA 51 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3NU. Listed Building Consent for the change of use of first and second vacant floors (Use Sui Generis) to create 2 no. residential self contained flats (Use class C3), internal works and installation of replacement windows. 18-12-2017
- 2017/10708/PA 51 Vittoria Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3NU. Change of use of first and second vacant floors (Use Sui Generis) to create 2 no. residential self contained flats (Use class C3) and installation of replacement windows. 18-12-2017
- 2018/02636/PA 18 Bismillah Building 14 Constitution Hill Hockley Birmingham B19 3LY. Change of use of first floor consulate office (Use class A2) to activities centre (Use Class D2). Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/02500/PA Land at Newhall Square Newhall Street / Charlotte Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1RU. Non-Material Amendment to planning application 2017/02040/PA for changes to the window system. Final Decision – Approve
- 2018/02380/PA 68 Camden Street City Centre Birmingham B1 3DP. Change of use from storage/distribution (Use Class B8) to escape room business (Use Class D2). Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/01846/PA 21 Frederick Street Hockley Birmingham B1 3HE. Application for a Certificate of Lawfulness for an existing use as residential in excess of 4 years. Final Decision Section 191 / 192 Required (Certificate Refused)
- 2018/01490/PA 22 Frederick Street Natwest Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BD. Listed Building Consent for the removal of external bank signage, ATM and all non-original internal fixtures and fittings. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/01465/PA 22 Frederick Street Natwest Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BD. Removal of external bank signage and ATM. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/01601/PA Lionel House 86 Lionel Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1DG. Demolition of existing building and erection of a 14 storey replacement building to provide 259 one, two and three bed apartments with associated communal facilities, amenity areas, parking and associated works. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
Summary Guide to Use Classes
A1 – Shops.
A2 – Financial and professional services.
A3 – Restaurants and cafes.
A4 – Drinking establishments.
A5 – Hot food takeaways.
B1 (a) – Office (other than A2)
(b) – Research & development.
(c) – Light industrial
B2 – General industrial.
B3 – Storage or distribution.
C1 – Hotels and halls of residence
C2 – Residential Institutions
D1 – Non-residential Institutions.
D2 – Assembly and leisure.
You must register any objections to the above applications online at www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningonline, or writing direct to Planning and Regeneration, Birmingham City Council, 4th Floor, 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham B4 7DJ, quoting the Planning Application number. Remember, there is a restriction against inappropriate housing within the Golden Triangle and the Industrial Middle – but your objections still need to be recorded!