Last updated: December 06, 2018 at 12:18 pm
* The ‘GOLDEN TRIANGLE’ and the ‘INDUSTRIAL MIDDLE’ are the areas protected against inappropriate residential use. A large number of Planning Applications are not in accordance with the Planning Legislation which is there to ‘protect’ the Jewellery Quarter and the trade.
Please help the Jewellery Quarter to keep its character by making your ‘official’ protest against such Applications.
- 2018/09470/PA Brook Welding Ltd Mary Ann Street Birmingham B3 1RL. Re-instatement of existing doorway to front. 21-11-2018
- 2018/09395/PA 40 Cox Street Hockley Birmingham B3 1RD. Variation of Condition 5 (hours of operation to 12:00-23:00 only) attached to Planning Permission 2015/07328/PA to increase the opening hours until 02:00am on Fri and Sat only and retaining the 23:00pm restrictions for Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed and Thu. 19-11-2018
- 2018/09331/PA Legna Islington Gates Fleet Street Birmingham B3 1JH. Retention of shop front and green wall. 15-11-2018
- 2018/09217/PA Former Kettleworks Land Bound By Icknield Street/Pope Street/Camden Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3AG. Non-Material Amendment to approval 2017/00204/PA to improve the appearance of the exposed foundations. 13-11-2018
- 2018/09176/PA 20 Key Hill Drive Hockley Birmingham B18 5NY. Non-Material Amendment to approval 2016/01250/PA for change in material below horizontal window – from metal panel to reclaimed brickwork. 12-11-2018
- 2018/09101/PA 13-21 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3ND. Replacement curtain walling and aluminium windows. 08-11-2018
- 2018/08995/PA Site of Muhammed Ali Centre Icknield Street Hockley Birmingham B18 5AU. Demolition of existing building and the erection of Community Vocational College with associated residential accommodation, enterprise employment hub and workshop units. 06-11-2018
- 2018/08922/PA 33 – 37 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3ND. Listed Building Consent for internal refurbishment of existing offices and internal alterations to create separate office units. 02-11-2018
- 2018/08808/PA 72-74 Camden Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3DP. Addition of a third storey, refurbishment and conversion of existing building to flexible A1 and B1 commercial use and 8 no. apartments on first, second and third floors. 30-10-2018
- 018/08555/PA 3-5 Legge Lane Hockley Birmingham B1 3LD. Conversion of first floor commercial floorspace into 2 residential apartments. 22-10-2018
- 2018/08261/PA Ground Floor 33 Mary Street Ladywood Birmingham B3 1UD. Flexible change of use at ground floor to provide mixed uses of retail (Use Class A1), financial and professional services (Use Class A2), restaurant and cafe (Use Class A3), drinking establishments (Use Class A4), hot food take-aways (Use Class A5) and business (Use Class B1) and installation extraction flue to rear (Amended Description) 10-10-2018
- 2018/08051/PA Land adjacent 49 Heaton Street Hockley Birmingham B18 5BB. Erection of a two storey modular house and associated works. 03-10-2018
- 2018/07933/PA 43 Frederick Street City Centre Birmingham B1 3HN. Erection of single storey forward entrance extension. 28-09-2018
- 2018/07846/PA 55-57 Vittoria Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3NY. Conversion of existing Use Class B1 building to ground floor commercial unit with an apartment on first and second floors with associated external alterations including demolition of rear outbuilding, erection of rear extension, new entrance to ground floor unit, blocking up of some existing windows and replacement external staircase. 26-09-2018
- 2018/07295/PA 48 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HN. Listed Building Consent for retrospective application for change of use to restaurant and bar (Use Classes A3 and A4) with ancillary gallery (Use Class D1), single storey side extension to create storage/refuse enclosure and installation of new extraction system. 05-09-2018
- 2018/07256/PA 48 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HN. Retrospective application for change of use to restaurant and bar (Use Classes A3 and A4) with ancillary gallery (Use Class D1) with hours of opening to 0000 hours Monday to Friday, Sundays and Bank Holidays and 0200 hours Saturdays, single storey side extension to create storage/refuse enclosure and installation of new extraction system. 05-09-2018
- 2018/07149/PA 20 Tenby Street North Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3EN. Listed Building Consent for internal alterations and demolition of modern additions, erection of new roof and four storey infill extension to create office space (Use Class B1), 6 x 2 bed apartments and 3 x 3 bed town houses (Use Class C3) and associated car parking and deck terrace. 30-08-2018
- 2018/07119/PA 20 Tenby Street North Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3EN. Demolition of modern extensions, change of use and roof alterations to Listed Building to create ground floor offices (Use Class B1) and 6 x 2 bed apartments (Use Class C3). Erection of a four storey infill addition to create ground floor offices with 3 x 3 bed town houses above with associated car parking and deck terrace space to the rear. 30-08-2018
- 2018/05801/PA Heaton House & land adjoining Camden Street & Powell Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BZ. Demolition of existing buildings (apart from Heaton House), erection of a part 3, 4 & 5 storey building and refurbishment of Heaton House to provide 73 units, comprising 1 x 4 bed, 11 x 3 bed, 36 x 2 bed and 25 x 1 bed houses and apartments with associated parking and landscaping. 16-07-2018
- 2018/04885/PA Land at 109 Northwood Street & 199 Newhall Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham. Listed Building Consent for demolition of structures attached to listed buildings and conversion of 109 Northwood Street (Harpers Hill Works) from B2 to A1-A4 or B1 uses and conversion of 199 Newhall Street from B2 to B1 use with associated works. 13-06-2018
- 2018/04882/PA Land fronting Northwood Street, James Street, Graham Street, Brook Street, Newhall Street and Regent Place (premises currently occupied by AE Harris & Baker & Finnemore) Jewellery Quarter Birmingham. Partial demolition of buildings, change of use of retained buildings at 109, 123 & 128 Northwood Street from B2 to A1-A4, B1/C3, change of use of retained building at 199 Newhall Street from B2 to B1, conversion and erection of new buildings to provide 326 one, two and three bed apartments and 8,422sqm of non-residential floorspace for A1-A5, B1 & D2 uses with associated parking and landscaping. 13-06-2018
- 2018/00570/PA 111-114 Warstone Lane Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B18 6NZ. Demolition of existing building and erection of a 4-storey replacement building providing ground floor commercial unit for A1 use with 12 two-bed apartments above and new vehicle access. 24-01-2018
- 2017/10934/PA 33 Pitsford Street (Mr Tyre site) Ladywood Birmingham B18 6LJ.Demolition of existing buildings and erection of a residential led mixed use redevelopment providing 406 apartments, commercial (B1a), workshop (B1b & c), Retail (A1, A2, A3, A4 & A5), 140 car parking spaces, a new entrance to the Jewellery Quarter train station and associated works including landscaping and new entrance to Pitsford Street. 27-12-2017
- 2018/08862/PA Plots 1 And 2a Newhall Square Newhall Street And Charlotte Street Birmingham B3 1RU. Non Material Amendment to approval 2017/02040/PA for replacement of pavers to internal courtyard and installation of solar panels. Final Decision – Approve
- 2018/08552/PA Legna Islington Gates Fleet Street Birmingham B3 1JH. Display of externally illuminated fascia, 1 set of internally illuminated wall text and 2 internally illuminated projecting signs. Final Decision – Refuse
- 2018/08190/PA 68 Camden Street Ladywood Birmingham B1 3DP. Display of 1 non-illuminated fascia sign Final Decision – Approve Temporary
- 2018/08179/PA 20-22 Pemberton Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6NY. Display of non-illuminated lettering fascia sign. Final Decision – Approve Temporary
2018/07957/PA 29 Mary Street Birmingham B3 1UD. Widening of existing footway crossing and relocating of rainwater downpipes. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/07608/PA Aqua 20-25 Lionel Street Birmingham B3 1AQ. Installation of generator, cycle shelter and planters to the rear car park and removal and replacement of 2no. open and 1no. fixed windows with louvres to the rear elevation. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/07580/PA 29-32 Mary Street Birmingham B3 1UD. Listed Building Consent for two storey rear extension and external and internal alterations Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/04369/PA 65-77 Summer Row Birmingham B3 1LB. Change of use from job centre (Use Class A2) to education use for University College Birmingham (Use Class D1). Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/00391/PA 100 Icknield Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B18 6RU. Demolition of existing building and erection of a 4-storey replacement building providing a ground floor commercial unit for Use Class A1 and 14 one and two bed apartments. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
Summary Guide to Use Classes
A1 – Shops.
A2 – Financial and professional services.
A3 – Restaurants and cafes.
A4 – Drinking establishments.
A5 – Hot food takeaways.
B1 (a) – Office (other than A2)
(b) – Research & development.
(c) – Light industrial
B2 – General industrial.
B3 – Storage or distribution.
C1 – Hotels and halls of residence
C2 – Residential Institutions
D1 – Non-residential Institutions.
D2 – Assembly and leisure.
You must register any objections to the above applications online at www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningonline, or writing direct to Planning and Regeneration, Birmingham City Council, 4th Floor, 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham B4 7DJ, quoting the Planning Application number. Remember, there is a restriction against inappropriate housing within the Golden Triangle and the Industrial Middle – but your objections still need to be recorded!