Last updated: August 09, 2019 at 09:23 am
* The ‘GOLDEN TRIANGLE’ and the ‘INDUSTRIAL MIDDLE’ are the areas protected against inappropriate residential use. A large number of Planning Applications are not in accordance with the Planning Legislation which is there to ‘protect’ the Jewellery Quarter and the trade.
Please help the Jewellery Quarter to keep its character by making your ‘official’ protest against such Applications.
- 2019/06406/PA 29-32 Mary Street Birmingham B3 1UD. Listed Building Consent for affixing a blue commemorative plaque to front elevation. 30-07-2019
- 2019/06473/PA St George’s Court 1 Albion Street Birmingham B1 3AA. Application for Prior Notification for the installation of proposed roof top telecommunications installation upgrade and associated works. 29-07-2019
- 2019/06286/PA 6 Legge Lane Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3LD. Listed Building Consent for demolition of rear extension, internal and external alterations including removal of walls and stairs, installation of new windows and doors, rebuilding chimneys, new roof and replacement of rainwater goods. 25-07-2019
- 2019/06248/PA 6 Legge Lane Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3LD. Demolition of rear extension and conversion of building to 12 apartments (Use Class C3), installation of new windows and doors, rear staircase, rebuilding chimneys and replacement of rainwater goods. 25-07-2019
- 2019/06199/PA Land at 25 Legge Lane Jewellery Quarter City Centre Birmingham B1 3LD. Application for a non-material amendment to planning approval 2015/07814/PA for various changes. 23-07-2019
- 2019/06154/PA 43 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HN. Change of use of first floor from educational use (Use Class D1) to office use (Use Class B1) 23-07-2019
- 2019/05502/PA 66 Great Hampton Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6EW. Variation / Removal of Conditions Nos 11 (plans schedule), 12 (details of vehicle access gate), 16 (vehicle parking & turning details) and 18 (highway works) attached to planning application 2016/00772/PA in order to omit the on site parking provision. 02-07-2019
- 2019/05435/PA Newhall Square Land Off Newhall Street Birmingham B3 1RY, Display of 1no. internally illuminated freestanding totem and 1no. non-illuminated facia sign. 28-06-2019
- 2019/05420/PA 37-55 Camden Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BP. Demolition of existing buildings and erection of a 4-storey building comprising 48 apartments with associated car parking and landscaped deck. 28-06-2019
- 2019/05257/PA 27 Caroline Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3 1UE. Alterations to front elevation and installation of retractable canopy. 24-06-2019
- 2019/05180/PA 36 Camden Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3QH. Erection of 1 no. residential dwelling house and associated parking. 20-06-2019
- 2019/05075/PA The Pig & Tail PH 12 Albion Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3ED. Listed Building Consent for the external installation of a cast aluminium renaissance plaque. 17-06-2019
- 2019/05059/PA Midland Court 39 Cox Street Birmingham B3 1RW. Installation of replacement windows, doors, rainwater goods and associated works. 17-06-2019
- 2019/05043/PA Constitution Hill Birmingham B19 3HD. Display of internally illuminated double sided digital advertising panel on bus shelter. 14-06-2019
- 2019/04990/PA 40 Warstone Parade East Birmingham B18 6NR. Display of 1 no. non-illuminated fascia sign. 13-06-2019
- 2019/04682/PA. 60 – 70 Regents Place, 65 – 67 Caroline Street and 14 – 16 Regent Place Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3 1UG. Application for Listed Building Consent for change of use, alterations and extensions to existing buildings to provide 37 apartments and ground floor commercial B1/A1/A3 uses with associated works including demolition of courtyard buildings, erection of replacement 3 and 4 storey buildings, additional floors to 18 Regent Parade and retained courtyard building. 04-06-2019
- 2019/04424/PA Land at 65, 66 & 68 Caroline Street, 60 – 70 (evens) Regent Place & 18 Regent Parade Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3NJ. Change of use, alterations and extensions to existing buildings to provide 37 apartments and ground floor commercial B1/A1/A3 uses with associated works including demolition of courtyard buildings, erection of replacement 3 & 4 storey buildings, additional floors to 18 Regent Parade, 68 Caroline Street and retained courtyard building. 28-05-2019
- 2019/04286/PA. 1 St Pauls Square Hockley Birmingham B3 1QU. Listed Building Consent for the installation of two replacement sash windows. 22-05-2019
- 2019/04488/PA Albion House, Apartment 1 75 Pope Street Birmingham B1 3AS. Display of various non illuminated fascia signs. 29-05-2019
- 2019/03681/PA 55-57 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3NU. Conversion of existing Use Class B1(c) (light industrial) to basement and ground floor to workspace/ office and 1no. apartment on first and second floor with associated external alterations including part demolition of rear outbuilding, erection of two storey rear extension, new entrance, blocking of some existing windows and replacement external staircase. 01-05-2019
- 2019/03233/PA 18-19 Lionel Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1AQ. Demolition of existing rooftop structures, section of canal wall, rear outbuilding and erection of a two storey rooftop extension to existing building to create 5 duplex apartments and rooftop terrace and erection of a four storey building to rear of site to provide ground floor parking spaces with 3 apartments above and recladding of existing building, new windows and side porch. 15-04-2019
2019/01004/PA 34-44 Northwood Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3 1TU. Listed Building Consent for demolition of structures attached to listed building and renovation and conversion of listed building and associated workshop to residential use. 05-02-2019
- 2019/00964/PA 34-44 Northwood Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3 1TU. Part demolition of existing buildings and erection of new four storey buildings, conversion and refurbishment of retained buildings to provide 49 one and two bed apartments and associated cycle parking and landscaped courtyards. 05-02-2019
- 2018/10340/PA Former Sapcote’s Yard Camden Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3DD. Listed Building Consent for demolition of 83-87 Camden Street attached to listed building at 89 Camden Street and erection of replacement building in association with planning application 2018/06214/PA. 21-12-2019
- 2018/10330/PA 30 Kenyon Street and Land Between 24 and 26 Hall Street Birmingham B18 6AR. Change of use from storage and distribution (Use Class B8) to retail (Use Class A1) at 30 Kenyon Street and erection of 3 storey building with roof terrace to form bar and restaurant (Use Class A4/A3) at land between 24 and 26 Hall Street.. 21-12-2018
- 2018/10480/PA Reliance Works 41-42 Caroline Street Birmingham B3 1UE. Listed building consent for demolition of two storey rear workshop block and steel shed, three storey extension, internal and external alterations in association with change of use to 9 apartments. 24-12-2018
- 2018/10380/PA Reliance Works 41-42 Caroline Street Birmingham B3 1UE. Change of use to 9 apartments with associated works including demolition of two storey workshop block and steel shed to rear, erection of three storey extension with roof lights and solar panels to roof, associated alterations and installation of external staircase. 24-12-2018
- 2018/08995/PA Site of Muhammed Ali Centre Icknield Street Hockley Birmingham B18 5AU. Demolition of existing building and the erection of Community Vocational College with associated residential accommodation, enterprise employment hub and workshop units. 06-11-2018
- 2018/05801/PA Heaton House & land adjoining Camden Street & Powell Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BZ. Demolition of existing buildings (apart from Heaton House), erection of a part 3, 4 & 5 storey building and refurbishment of Heaton House to provide 73 units, comprising 1 x 4 bed, 11 x 3 bed, 36 x 2 bed and 25 x 1 bed houses and apartments with associated parking and landscaping. 16-07-2018
- 2018/04885/PA Land at 109 Northwood Street & 199 Newhall Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham. Listed Building Consent for demolition of structures attached to listed buildings and conversion of 109 Northwood Street (Harpers Hill Works) from B2 to A1-A4 or B1 uses and conversion of 199 Newhall Street from B2 to B1 use with associated works. 13-06-2018
- 2018/04882/PA Land fronting Northwood Street, James Street, Graham Street, Brook Street, Newhall Street and Regent Place (premises currently occupied by AE Harris & Baker & Finnemore) Jewellery Quarter Birmingham. Partial demolition of buildings, change of use of retained buildings at 109, 123 & 128 Northwood Street from B2 to A1-A4, B1/C3, change of use of retained building at 199 Newhall Street from B2 to B1, conversion and erection of new buildings to provide 320 one, two and three bed apartments and 8,422sqm of non-residential floorspace for A1-A5, B1 & D2 uses with associated parking and landscaping. 13-06-2018
- 2019/04915/PA Metropolis House 49 George Street Birmingham B3 1QA. Prior Approval for change of use from offices (Use Class B1[a]) to a dwelling (Use Class C3) Final Decision – Prior Approval Required and to Approve with Conditions
- 2019/04666/PA 33 Mary Street Ladywood Birmingham B3 1UD. Variation of Condition No. 2 to allow opening to customers from 0800 hours to 2300 hours on Monday-Thursday and Sunday and 0800 hours to 2330 hours on Friday and Saturday and Condition No. 5 to allow the screening of live sports TV broadcasts attached to approval 2018/08261/PA. Final Decision – Refuse
- 2019/04626/PA 10 Sloane Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BX. Demolition of industrial warehouse and erection of 3 no. townhouses. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2019/04475/PA 23 Kenyon Street Birmingham B18 6AR. Retention of single storey rear extension and door to front. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2019/04358/PA 66 Camden Street Ladywood Birmingham B1 3DP. Change of use from industrial warehouse (Use Classes B2/B8) to gym (Use Class D2) with associated coffee shop (Use Class A3). Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
Summary Guide to Use Classes
A1 – Shops.
A2 – Financial and professional services.
A3 – Restaurants and cafes.
A4 – Drinking establishments.
A5 – Hot food takeaways.
B1 (a) – Office (other than A2)
(b) – Research & development.
(c) – Light industrial
B2 – General industrial.
B3 – Storage or distribution.
C1 – Hotels and halls of residence
C2 – Residential Institutions
D1 – Non-residential Institutions.
D2 – Assembly and leisure.
You must register any objections to the above applications online at www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningonline, or writing direct to Planning and Regeneration, Birmingham City Council, 4th Floor, 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham B4 7DJ, quoting the Planning Application number. Remember, there is a restriction against inappropriate housing within the Golden Triangle and the Industrial Middle – but your objections still need to be recorded!