Who we are
Our website address is: https://thehockleyflyer.info.
The Hockley Flyer is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Hockley Flyer may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20 June 2019.
For the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is:
Mark Haddleton trading as YBA Publications, 31 Cedarwood Croft, Great Barr, BIRMINGHAM, B42 1HS
Tel: 0121 364 0700
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and phone number, plus social media as an option
- demographic information such as postal address
- We do not collect any other information for use on the website apart from cookies (see below)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We do not send promotional emails and we no longer send newsletters via email
- We may send occasional emails for usual business purposes such as accounts, subscription renewals, advert renewals, reminders etc.
- We gather names and addresses of businesses based in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham in order to send a free copy of The Hockley Flyer each month, but you can ask to be removed from the mailing list if required. A copy of this list is sent to the printers purely to mail out the magazines and is then deleted by our printers. No other information is kept in this list apart from email addresses for subscribers which are NOT included in the list sent to the printers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Registering to use parts of this site
- We ask you to register a username and email address which will need to be confirmed to place classifieds, job adverts, and other items where access to part of the site is granted
- This is purely for our administration for orders, delivery notes etc, no payment details such as credit/debit cards are kept on our site.
- By registering you can change many of your details and can also change copy and update details for as long as the data is online. All these details are held behind an SSL with 128 bit encryption.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We use a contact form that sends your message directly via email. No copy is stored on the web site, and when we deal with your message it is also deleted.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purpose.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
YBA Publications* is a publishing business and publishers of The Hockley Flyer monthly magazine