Commenting on the new MVV, MD Victoria McKay said: “We’ve been working on the MVV behind the scenes for the last 3 or 4 months now. The Board were in agreement that we needed to crystallise the ethos and principles of WJN. We also acknowledged that the rest of the trade would be watching and would also be eager to hear our statement of purpose. We used the process as an opportunity to think about our current strengths as well as our aspirations for the future. We believe that the MVV document will resonate with a lot of women and men within the global jewellery industry.”
The new WJN MVV is as follows:
- MISSION: To positively champion women and the issues that are important to them, for the benefit of the jewellery trade, in partnership with relevant trade organisations, bodies and businesses.
- VISION: Equality and empowerment for women throughout the jewellery industry, for the betterment of the trade as a whole.
- EQUALITY FOR ALL: Equal pay, equal terms and equal prominence for women and all protected groups
- EMPOWERMENT: Inspiring women across the jewellery sector through events, talks and education
- EXCELLENCE: Promoting professional excellence through networking, mentoring and supporting women across the global jewellery trade
- EVOLUTION: Being a catalyst for real change, supporting organisations and businesses to create positive change for the benefit of all within the jewellery sector
Victoria added: “We are the UK’s only professional membership organisation that supports the advancement of women and women’s issues throughout the jewellery sector, through the provision of networking, positive promotion, mentoring, education and inspiration. The launch of our MVV is a moment of clarity for the Women’s Jewellery Network and is the foundation for strategic fundamentals.”
Anyone interested in finding out more about the WJN can visit www.womensjewellerynetwork.