At the BJA’s Award Ceremony to celebrate the successes of 2014 across its diverse membership, CEO Simon Rainer announced the nominee to the 360 guests at The Jewellery & Giftware Benevolent Ball held in the Midlands. The BJA Awards are designed to flag up all that is most excellent about the UK’s extremely diverse jewellery industry: its bright new talent, its design skills and creativity and its capacity to truly serve its customers whether they are other businesses, on-line jewellery buyers or the consumer in the High Street.
The BJA has once again received a tremendous response to this annual competition. Entries came from a broad cross-section of member companies drawn from across the jewellery supply chain and have resulted in the selection of some very worthy winners who all received specially designed Rebecca Joselyn trophies at the sparkling event.
And the winners were:
- E-tailer of the year – Sponsored by Continental Jewellery: Gemporia – Part of the hugely successful Gems TV group, offers the very best in stylish, affordable and responsibly made jeweller only using genuine gemstones and precious metals to make its jewellery in limited runs.
- Newcomer of the year – Sponsored by Presman Mastermelt Rare Pink – online retailer of British-made, custom-designed diamond engagement rings and jewellery
- BJA Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by NTR Metals: H & Y Jewellery – This luxury boutique situated in Beauchamp Place, Knightsbridge specialises in rare and limited edition watches but also stocks a broad selection of beautiful Italian designed and branded jewellery.
- BJA Designer of the Year – Sponsored by Clogau: Collette Waudby – Collette has been designing and selling jewellery since 1996.
- BJA Supplier of the Year – Sponsored by National Association of Goldsmiths : Magpie – Magpie Ltd is the UK manufacturer of the ‘GemTAGS’ brand of jewellery labels
- BJA Member of the Year – Sponsored by Hockley Mint: Presman Mastermelt – Provides a wide range of recycling services to the jewellery and silverware industry from its offices in London’s Hatton Garden and in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter.
BJA thanked all the additional sponsors who helped with the trophies, booklet printing and event photography – Argex, Sheffield Assay Office, The Company of Master Jewellers, Business Solutions, Royds Solicitors, Coneyl Jay and Payton Printers.
As well as the awards headline sponsors The Genuine Gemstone Company and Steve Bennett co-founder and co- owner of the event by encouraging firms to introduce CSR into their businesses and his own work with The Equal World Foundation – an independent charity that works to deliver long-term, sustainable benefits to communities through education, health and environmental projects.
Finally the Association could not stage this event without the industry’s support and we would like to thank the many hundreds of you who entered the many thousands who cast their votes and everyone who attended to celebrate the outcome and gave so generously to the charity.