J.W. Evans is now open after a near two-year closure because of Covid-19 for guided tours only. Established in 1881, J. W. Evans is one of the most complete surviving historic factories in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter. To walk into the factory today is to enter a lost industrial world.
Behind the frontage of four terraced houses, the workshops retain their original drop stamps and fly presses. They are packed with thousands of dies for the manufacture of silverware, as well as the whole of the working equipment, stock, and records of the business.
Tours of J. W. Evans are available on a set number of days (at the moment Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays with 3 times available. The size of the property means these are limited to 10 people per tour and must be booked in advance. If you would like to attend a tour, please book in advance. The tours are suitable for those aged 16+ only.
As an enclosed site with compact spaces, wearing a face covering is encouraged, but not mandatory
Address: 54-57 Albion Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 3EA
More Information and to Book: