Their courses have been continuously developed over the last 20 years and are taught by the very best practitioners from the jewellery industry in the School’s well-equipped contemporary workshops, making the School of Jewellery the ideal place for professionals or beginners to obtain expert training, make useful jewellery industry contacts and enjoy learning in the heart of Birmingham’s historical Jewellery Quarter.
Summer Courses: From one to five days in duration and beginning from the end of June. The course selection offered provides a wide range of courses for;
- Beginners: Introductory practical workshops
- Professionals: Masterclasses experienced makers
- Retailers: Product knowledge and valuation courses
- Open to all: One-day taster courses in various techniques
- Bespoke Courses: Specially tailored anytime one-day courses can be arranged for:
- Electroforming, Polishing, Anodising & Colouring Aluminium, Enamelling, 3D Scanning/CAD, Laser Welding (Rofin), Resin Jewellery & GRS Pave Microsetting.
Bespoke one-day sessions can be arranged at any time subject to tutor availability.
Contact: or www.bcu.ac.uk/biad/courses/short