- Launch of 24 Carrot Farmers Market (www.24carrots.org.uk) – local produce at its best/edible jewellery! (Future dates Saturday’s 19th Sept, 17th Oct,21st Nov, 5th Dec – make a date).
- Smooth Radio’s Matthew Boulton Treasure Hunt – find the Smooth Radio clues and Matthew Boulton Coins with a chance to win £1,000! Entry forms on the day from the JQ Information Centre or downloadable on www.smoothradio.com
- Alfresco Jazz Festival session with Shuffling Hungarians and Smooth Radio Gazebo and Music presented by Tammy Gooding
- Museum of the Jewellery Quarter Tours plus free Shona Marsh workshop – learn the secrets of silversmithing from Shona recently commissioned by the Assay Office to make the Matthew Boulton bicentenary candelabra (pre-booking essential phone 0121 554 3598)
- Pen Museum – Find out about the history of Birmingham pen making and try your hand at writing with a quill pen just like Matthew Boulton in a Prize competition (free admission).
- Relax and wander around the historic Cemeteries of Warstone Lane and Key Hill.
- Peek behind the scenes of a jewellery designer maker at Artful Expression, Warstone Lane.
- Hourly free vintage bus rides from 10.30am from Waterloo Street, Victoria Square to take you around the Quarter
List of Events: St Paul’s Square
- Jewellers Market with guest appearance of ‘Matthew Boulton’. For more information on Matthew Boulton visit www.matthewboulton2009.org
- Music from Matthew Boulton’s era courtesy of ‘Voices from City of Birmingham Choir’, ‘Acapella Birmingham Chamber Choir’ and ‘Birmingham Conservatoire’.
- Enter the ‘Acme Whistle Quiz’ – A chance to win a solid silver Assayed Acme Thunderer Whistle!
- Try your hand at making coins from fine clay then have it cast to take away a free memento of your visit. Enjoy the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists Gallery – the second oldest independent art gallery in the UK.
- View the World’s largest display of signed rock album cover prints whilst enjoying a free glass of wine at St Paul’s Gallery.
- Visit Stan’s Café and marvel at the Black Maze – explore your senses!
- Relax with a Pimms at the Rectory Bar, whilst enjoying the surroundings of St Paul’s Square in Bloom – recently voted one of the top 20 Urban Picnic Spots in the UK by the Independent newspaper.
For more information visit www.jewelleryquarter.net or contact the JQ Information Centre on 0121 604 7700.