Thanks to its schedule early in the year the exposition is considered one of the world’s leading trade fairs for jewellery, watches, gemstones, pearls, and technology.
This position was further highlighted by this year’s annual CIBJO congress, held at the same time in Munich as the 37th inhorgenta europe.
With considerably more than 30,000 visiting industry professionals from 84 countries inhorgenta europe experienced a growth of close to 15%. Approximately one third of the visitors came from abroad, which represents an increase of about 2.5%.
In addition to Germany, the countries with the largest visitor delegations were Austria, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Greece, the Netherlands, as well as Great Britain and Ireland.
The atmosphere in the exposition halls was very positive, particularly due to high ordering activity thanks to considerably reduced stock levels among the jewellery and watch retailers at the end of 2009. Yet also the extensive, high quality product selection gained a lot of appreciative attention.
The results of the poll held by TNS Infratest at the same time as the trade fair also confirm the very positive progress at this year’s event: 42% of exhibitors polled (compared to 33% last year) rated the industry’s current economic situation excellent or good; 80% (56%) believe that this will also apply for future market development.
Among the visitors, the same ratings were provided by 51% (45%) and 74% (62%) respectively. 76% (61%) of the exhibitors polled rated the trade fair excellent to good, among the visitors 95% (91%) offered the same rating.
Visitors liked the comprehensive character and wide range of the product selection best (94%), followed by the event’s atmosphere (93%), the leading trade fair character (89%), as well as the clear arrangement or breakdown into industry segments and quality of visitor information (88% each). Top issues among exhibitors included the clear arrangement or breakdown into industry segments (80%), leading trade fair character (76%), and visitor quality (75%).
A total of 1,143 exhibitors from 38 countries presented their products on net exhibit space of 29,700 square meters, representing a 2.5% increase in exhibit space at inhorgenta europe 2010 compared to the prior year. Overall, inhorgenta europe covered 66,000 square meters in six exposition halls at the New Munich Trade Fair.
Klaus Dittrich, Chairman of the Management Messe München GmbH: “We are very pleased with the excellent run of inhorgenta europe 2010, which even exceeded our own expectations.
The strong increase in visitors shows clearly how attractive this exposition is for the industry. inhorgenta europe is the fourth Munich based event in a row experiencing a considerable increase in visitors. inhorgenta europe was able to further expand its position as an important European retail platform. Together with the industry we will continue to consistently strengthen this position in terms of strategic goals as well as content.”
inhorgenta europe 2011 will be held from February 25th to 28th, 2011 at the New Munich Trade Fair.
- Thomas Sabo, Carolin Hochstrat, International PR Manager: “inhorgenta europe 2010 was a complete success for us, and far exceeded our expectations and prior goals. We had more than 700 order meetings, and our international customers were not scared away even by the wintry weather. Among the visitors were interested parties from more than 20 countries.” Thomas Sabo will return next year to use the environment of inhorgenta Europe to further advance our international expansion.
- Pandora, Annette Laustrup Nielsen, Vice Managing Director: “We are highly pleased with the event and reached our sales goals for this year. One of the reasons was probably also the new design of our exhibit booth, which received very good feedback.”
- Swarovski (Germany) GmbH, Christoph Storck, Managing Director: “inhorgenta europe allows us targeted contact to jewellers. This is extremely important for us because we want to make our business partners more aware of our new brand identity. We were definitely able to do so. Our line ‘Out of the Blue’ was a particular hit.”
- Fossil Europe GmbH, Christian Coenen, Vice President Sales Germany: “We use the trade fair to present the ‘Fossil Brand Platform’ to our retailers. This is where we can introduce the products, concepts as well as campaigns for the entire year. Our close to 1,000 meetings in three days prove that we properly use inhorgenta Europe for communication with our business partners.”
- Festina Uhren GmbH, Maximilian Schiessl, Marketing: “The trade show went very well for us. Prior to the event we had already set up 400 meetings. Accordingly the order situation was very positive, and customers were clearly ready to invest. The international character of the event has consistently increased in the last few years; we had many customer visits from Eastern Europe in particular.”
- Casio Europe GmbH, Andreas Schult, Sales Manager: “Our impression of inhorgenta europe 2010 is very positive. We counted more customers than last year and excellent sales. In addition to customers from Germany and Austria, there were also many visitors from Eastern Europe and Italy. The atmosphere was generally very positive.”
- Frédérique Constant Deutschland GmbH & Alpina, Lothar Elmer, Sales Director: “A year ago we repositioned ourselves in Munich. Therefore it was very important for us to be at inhorgenta europe as an exhibitor. In the last few days we received a lot of positive feedback from the market and met with your top brand retailers. It was definitely a good decision to exhibit at this event.”
- Schoeffel GmbH, Brigitte Kapelle, Head of Marketing: “The trade fair and our booth were very busy from the get go. The first day began with strong showing. What recession? Each year there are new customers, in addition to Germany this time there were visitors from countries such as Switzerland, the Netherlands, Italy, and lately also from the Ukraine. Ordering activity was even a little better than last year. This trade fair is and remains an important platform for customer contact.”
- Gebr. Boley Uhrenund Schmucktechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Silke Lutz, Head of Purchasing: “Our expectations for this year’s inhorgenta europe were even exceeded: we did not notice any indication of the crisis. From day one there was always continuous traffic at our booth.”
- Ph. Hahn Söhne, Dieter Hahn, Owner: “For the duration of the entire exposition we continuously received inquiries from our business partners. This year small and midsized stones were in particular demand. Overall we can close out this event with truly positive results.”
- Dr. Gaetano Cavalieri, President CIBJO: “I want to speak as a visitor of inhorgenta europe: I am always impressed by the trade fair’s excellent organization. It makes the trade fair efficient to use, thanks to a clearly laid out, straightforward, and practical structure. inhorgenta europe is the trade exposition in the heart of Europe.”
- Wilfried Büscher, Owner of Büscher Time & Design, Kaarst: “For me, inhorgenta is a must. This is where I can find out what is new on the market. In addition, I get a very useful overview of the entire brand universe.”
- Robert Balser, Jeweller, Gießen: “inhorgenta europe is one of the most important platforms for contact between manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers. It is the perfect place for networking, on a personal level, or at panel discussions. This year I participated in one of them as a presenter. While inhorgenta used to be primarily an order show, it has evolved into an important industry get-together.”