Birmingham City Council have made road changes to the network in the city centre. Detailed below is information the local authority is providing to residents and businesses.
‘The emergency nature of this situation does mean there has been limited consultation prior to delivery, but we do want to keep people informed about what is happening and why. We also want to hear from people about how these measures are working and whether people think any of them should continue.
Details of this scheme have been added to https://covidmeasuresbirmingham.commonplace.is/overview where you can make comments and provide feedback on how these changes are working.
City Centre Segments (Phase One) – Details of changes introduced in the Jewellery Quarter:
- Restrictions to north–south movements along Camden Street, Sand Pits and Parade:
- No entry to vehicles (except cyclists) onto Moreton Street from Pope Street, reallocation of the western side of the carriageway to provide a pop-up cycle lane.
- One-way north-east bound on Albion Street between Camden Street and Pope Street and no left/right turn onto Albion Street from Pope Street (except for cyclists).
- No right turn from Summer Hill Street onto Summer Hill Road.
- No through route for vehicles (except cyclists) onto Sand Pits roundabout from Newhall Hill and George Street.
- Newhall Hill to be converted to one-way north-west bound from George Street to Legge Lane. Reallocation of carriageway space to provide a contraflow pop-up cycle lane.
- No left/right turns onto Newhall Hill from Sand Pits roundabout (except for cyclists).
- No left turn onto Charlotte Street from Parade (except for cyclists).
- No left turn onto Fleet Street from Parade (except for cyclists).