This programme is being delivered in Partnership between Birmingham City Council and Business Link.
The Council are delivering the Feasibility and Incubation elements of the programme and Business Link are delivering the Development and Programmes elements. However in order to access all funding, enquiries have to be directed through the Jewellery Quarter Regeneration Partnership who will act as a signpost to the relevant officer in Economic Development.
It should also be stressed that the Incubation grant application can only be accepted so long as it is supported by a valid, current Business Plan and that although one person can dip into each of the four elements, they can only do so once per element.
- Available to Small to Medium Enterprises (SME must be based in the Objective 2 postal area (Birmingham & Solihull).
- The business has to be in the creative industries sector.
- The business can’t have received more than £60k state aid over a 3 year period.
- When submitting an application, an SME needs to provide:
- Proof of SME status (financials/letters of incorporation/bank set up details/audited accounts etc).
- The SME must indicate what funds it is contributing to the project.
- The SME must provide a project proposal or complete the relevant section of the application form.
What’s on Offer?
- A maximum of £2,500 grant assistance over a 12 month period.
- Scheme is limited to one grant per SME.
- A grant award of between 50-85% up to a maximum of £2,500 towards the feasibility exercise (i.e. assessing the market for a new product or service, undertaking specialist studies, production of demo CD/video, etc)
- SME completes an Application Form & submits to the Creative Development Team.
- A panel assesses the application and SME advised in writing of the panel’s decision.
- If approved, SME commits to the BSCI programme, provides evidence of eligible spend to the Creative Development Team and requests reimbursement.
For more information contact: Jewellery Quarter Regeneration Partnership, Unit 2, 57 Frederick Street, Birmingham B1 3HS – Wayne Pell, Business & Community Liaison Manager: 0121 464 1191 or 07970 702128.